Community Manager – Esports in Education
Target Audience: K-12 students, primarily in the United States
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative Community Manager to join our team, focusing on esports within the educational sector. This role is dedicated to creating engaging experiences that go beyond our current offerings, adding significant value to schools across the United States.
As Community Manager at Gameplan, you will work together with the team to drive student engagement through online events, challenges, and competitions. It is all about giving more students a sense of belonging to a community, either within their school or a group across schools.
In order to succeed as Community Manager, you have to understand what resonates with students and what channels can be utilized to reach them. It is important to make sure educators, decision-makers, and parents are involved and see the benefits the students are getting from participating in the esports program.
Tasks and responsibilities
Event and Educational Competition Development: Design and implement a variety of educational esports competitions and events tailored for K-12 students, ensuring they are engaging, inclusive, and educational.
- Student Engagement: Drive strategies to increase student participation in esports and related activities, fostering a vibrant and active community.
- Inter-School Collaboration: Initiate and manage programs that encourage competition and collaboration between schools, extending beyond traditional competitive gaming to include a diverse range of activities and challenges.
- Community Building: Cultivate a positive and inclusive environment that encourages student interaction, teamwork, and a healthy competitive spirit.
- Continuous Improvement: Regularly assess and adapt strategies to ensure the ongoing relevance and appeal of our esports initiatives to our target audience.
Skills and requirements
- Passionate about esports and education, with a keen understanding of the K-12 educational landscape.
- Experience in running esport competitions in the k-12 age range
- Proven experience in community management, event planning, or a related field.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote setting.
- Creative thinker with a talent for engaging young audiences.
What we offer
- A chance to be at the forefront of integrating esports into education.
- A role where your creativity and innovation can genuinely impact young learners.
- Flexible working hours in a supportive and dynamic remote work environment.
- Opportunities for professional development in a growing and exciting field.
Gameplan is a leader in the educational esport market, providing schools, learning centers, and gaming centers with the esport management system they need to run high-quality esport education.
Over the last couple of years, Gameplan has been rapidly growing as it provides services for which there is a big need. Since its launch, the company has supported students' structured and educational needs in Sweden, Europe, North America, and the Middle East.
Gameplan is based in Sweden but has employees worldwide, with the mission to educate the world and empower people with 21st-century skills through esports. The company was founded by veterans of esports (and traditional sports) in 2016 who champion learning with esports in a formal educational setting.
At Gameplan, we value hard work as much as having fun. Everyone within the company is encouraged to share their ideas and opinions, participate in discussions, and take ownership of projects. It is a team of high-performing individuals who work hard and trust each other deeply.
How do we behave?
- Enable people to grow both personally and professionally.
- With loyalty through thick and thin.
- With perseverance.
- Make people comfortable criticizing ideas.
- Have high-performing people in all positions.
Join our team and help us in our mission to educate the world and empower people through esports.
Community Manager at Gameplan is a full-time position, remote from the US. Apply now, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!